Friday, September 13, 2013

10 Reasons Why Mindy Kaling and I Are the Same Person


Mindy Kaling's show "The Mindy Project" has had one successfully hilarious season with the second season premiering on Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. Luckily, because I am the only person I know who has a Hulu Plus account, I was able to watch the second season's premiere already. And when I say it was perfect, I mean it. Not only did Anders Holm come back to play Mindy's pastor boyfriend Casey, but James Franco plays a new doctor. That's all I'm going to tell you. You'll just have to wait until next Tuesday...suckerz.



I'm going to be honest here--I've had a Mindy withdrawal since the first season ended. Therefore, I posted Lauren Conrad as my "women crush Wednesday" last week, but we all know my one and only love is THE Mindy Kaling.

The reason I love her so much probably has to do a lot with the fact that I believe we are the same person. So yeah, I love myself. But if there was one woman I loved more than myself, it's her. I wasn't sure how similar we were until I read her book, "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)." But that's a whole different story (literally).

Here are 10 reasons why I believe Mindy Kaling and I are the same person:

1. We both appreciate how many friends we have, and could never pick one person to be our "best friend" (however, I would choose Mindy to be mine).

2. Obviously I want to be Mindy. But if I never knew who she was, I would aspire to be...well, myself.

3. We both love our bodies and completely accept that we will never be "skinny."

4. We're always surrounded by "white girl problems" and sometimes we just can't deal.

5. We know what we want and what we deserve.


6. We can't understand why people would think so little of us.

7. We would never settle. Therefore, we say things like this...


8. We are incredibly rational human beings and dramatic only when necessary.

9. We find humor in stereotypes.


10. We know our potential.

I could list many more reasons as to why Mindy Kaling and I are the same person, but who has that kind of time? I probably do, but I rather not. Hope you all got to know Mindy me a little better.

PEACE.


No comments:

Post a Comment