Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween is the Greatest Time of the Year

...after Christmas, that is.

The reason why I love Halloween so much is because you get to use this holiday as a creative outlet to come up with a kick ass costume! Most people, however, would rather blow a shit ton of money on a costume that really doesn't do much other than push up their non-existing tots.

Once I got to college, I decided to only put pieces together for a costume rather than buy a costume that came together. Here are the costumes that I came up with:

Freshman Year



Christmas Tree

I bought this Christmas tree headband back in high school and decided to put it to use. I looked through my closet (and then my roommate's) to find other green pieces. This one wasn't my best...probably because I came up with it an hour before going out. I'm glad I ran into a rando Santa that night though!

Snooki

Before Jersey Shore was lame and Snooki lost a bunch of weight, I decided to go as the infamous Snooki. Granted, it was freezing out that night in Athens so my Northface covered up my "too tight of a dress" that Snooki would have rocked. I threw on some big ass hoop earrings, put up the notorious "poof" in my hair, and called it a day...or night? Again, I was glad to have ran into some rando dressed as a guido with his wonderful "T-Shirt Time" tank.

Sophomore Year

Dora the Explorer

Asian Dora? Sure, why the hell not! This costume, not like the others, took a lot of my time. I went on eBay and Amazon to find every single piece to this costume. Thankfully, it turned out awesome. I bought the classic white Keds (knock-offs), yellow kiddy socks, orange shorts (which I actually just borrowed from a friend), a hot pink T-shirt, the official Dora backpack, Boots (the monkey Beanie), and the wig. It was a lot, but it has been the costume I have been most proud of!

Junior Year

Mr. Monopoly

I really really really wanted to wear a mustache that year, so I decided on a female version of Mr. Monopoly. Once again, I went on Amazon to get the top hat, monocole, and cane (not pictured). Although Mr. Monopoly technically never owned a monocole, I thought it definitely added to the character. I also went to a Halloween store and bought a mustache. Unfortunately, they didn't have a gray/white mustache, so I went for a beautiful black one and spray painted it white. I also threw in some Monopoly money into my pocket. I pulled out a gray skirt (he wears gray pants), a white tank top, and a black blazer from my closet! This one was definitely much more affordable than my Dora costume.

Senior Year

I do not have a picture of my costume yet, but it is ready! I am super excited for my costume this year!!! Can't wait to rock it on Friday :-) I also have another one prepared for next week on the actual day of Halloween, so we'll see how that one turns out!



No comments:

Post a Comment